Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Banana Cupcakes




















I wanted to do something new and original for Thanksgiving besides the traditional cupcakes, so I decided to make banana cupcakes.  I read in a book I was reading lately a very yummy recipe on banana cake.  Being very intrigued by the sound of banana cake, I decided to use the recipe to make cupcakes.

The batter for the recipe was a wonderful consistency for cupcakes and was not too runny like some recipes become.  According to the recipe I used, the batch used 6 bananas and yielded a little more than 2 dozen cupcakes which was also a nice size for a cupcake batch.

Once the cupcakes were baked, I let them sit overnight so the banana could work itself into the moist cake.  The consistency was very similar to banana bread once the cakes sat over night.  

Yesterday my sister and I frosted them with vanilla cream cheese icing.  Although we thought that chocolate could have also been interesting, we decided on traditional vanilla cream cheese icing.  

To top off the cupcake with a gourmet feel, we topped each cupcake with a banana chip.  I really liked the very simple design and I'm happy to report that these cupcakes are oh so yummy!  I think this may be one of my favorite new cupcake recipes of the moment.  Something different, very moist, easy to work with and very good tasting.

1 comment:

  1. This blog makes me hungry and does wonders for my possible GD issue! LOL!!

    I'm so glad you commented as I was thinking about you and thought I remembered you having failed that same test. I do have questions...I will email you as soon as I get a chance to collect my thoughts. Tomorrow is the last day of school and I need to get to bed. The craziness will end after this weekend and Tanner's party. Then, I'll have more time. I'll need your email address though, if you're OK with that. Thanks, Tanya!!

    ReplyDelete