Monday, November 17, 2008

Wilton Cake Class

I had a fun adventure this weekend. I decided to make sugar cookies from scratch. I recently purchased a cake decorating book that had a sugar cookie recipe that recommended making cookies to get used to frosting items. Once I had the sugar cookies mixed up, I refrigerated the dough, and then made the cookies using parchment paper. I had never used parchment paper before, and let me tell you.. boy was it easy to use and the look of the cookies were flawless!

Once the cookies were baked, I made royal icing for the cookies with a pink tint and almond flavor. The icing turned out wonderful and took on that hard exterior I look for in a good frosting. I think I'm in love.

I froze my cookies to pull out for the perfect time in the future and was satisfied with the progress I made.

While I was at Michaels this weekend looking at cooking gear and using my 40% off coupon on a new rolling pin, I saw a flier for cake decorating classes. I asked around and discovered that there is a course starting in December. I signed up right away, and can't wait to begin the learning process. Great timing for December cookie making.

No comments:

Post a Comment