Thursday, November 20, 2008

Jenni's Cake Challenge

My blogger friend from Seattle gave me an interesting challenge.  She wanted me to give her suggestions on a cake to make for her student's upcoming piano recital.  I love challenges, so this was a good one to research.  

After much research and some thinking about Jenni and what I know about her, this is what I wanted to say that I could make for her:
























Since this obviously wasn't something I could do yet, and I don't live anywhere near Jenni, I had to give her a suggestion that I thought would be doable knowing she probably wouldn't have a lot of time to dedicate to this project as well.

I found this cute cake on the Betty Crocker website.  I think it will easily do the trick and still get her oooh's and aaah's from her students.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I like the bottom one better anyway. I loved the toppsie turvey cakes when they first came out, but you see them all the time now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha wow that top cake is amazing too. Definitely impressive! I'm so excited that you are doing this venture. Those fondant cakes look hard! The only thing that is weird about the top cake is the notes on the top look more like swans instead of note stems LOL. I still like the sheet cake. I was wondering this morning if I could find black chocolate frosting instead of brown.....hmmmm....do you know if I could do that with food coloring? Do they even have black food coloring or would it turn out really funny looking?

    ReplyDelete